KEVIN HOLLAND, BSc (Hons).
email@example.com 07585 506693
A forward-thinking, reflective and adaptable leader who is always seeking a new challenge. An innovative practitioner, who looks to adopt new ideas to enthuse leaders, governors, staff, students and parents. Whose passion is to educate the whole person empowering them to be a motivated and successful member of society.
Sept 2000 – July 2001 University of Brighton (Chelsea School of Sport)
PCGE in Secondary Physical Education
Sept 1997 – June 2000 University of Winchester (King Alfred’s College)
Bachelor of Science in Sports Studies and Education Studies, 2:2 with Hons.
March 2017 to Present: KJH – Optimum Coaching – providing professional and personal coaching support for improved professional and personal performance that will impact on efficiency and profitability
Jan 2015 to Present: Norfolk Integrated Education Advisory Service (NIEAS), Education Advisor (PE lead) – Now Educator Solutions
NIEAS Education Advisers have strong experience of supporting and developing high quality teaching and learning. We work with educational settings providing personalised advice, support and training enabling professionals to:
• Develop themselves and others
• Inspire and create excitement in learning and teaching
• Focus, prioritise and plan to deepen learning cultures and ensure a good education and excellent outcomes for Norfolk learners and beyond
Key areas of responsibility:
• Support Head teachers and governors with the HT appraisal meeting and structure, also supporting the LA (now Educator Solutions) Leadership and Governance team with developing the CPD they provide.
• Middle leadership training focussing on being the best leader they can be, accountability pressures and leading others.
• Delivering whole county CPD, half day, full day and longitudinal courses.
• Delivering nationally accredited Physical Education courses.
• Supporting schools with the quality of teaching and learning.
• Quality assurance of all accredited courses for NIEAS.
Sep 2012 to Dec 2014: Ipswich Academy, Suffolk - Assistant Head teacher (Director of Learning and Community)
Director of Learning and Community responsibilities and whole academy responsibilities:
• Quality assurance of the delivery of learning and teaching in the KS3 foundation curriculum.
• Delivery of CPD to improve learning and teaching across the academy.
• Creating individual staff support plans that are personalised to develop their classroom practice.
• Curriculum design and support in timetabling.
• Implementing an SMSC impact across the academy.
• Establishing community and business links to create an excellent business and enterprise specialism.
• Planning and management of the options process from year 9 to KS4.
• Teaching responsibilities are KS3 humanities subjects and health and social care at KS5.
• Enrichment planning and timetable.
March 2011 – Sep 2012: College Director - Ipswich Academy
• Principal of a lower college within the academy, managing 250 students from year 7 – 9, and an administration team consisting of three staff, the behavioural and learning team consisting of three staff and all twelve base group tutors.
• Data tracking and provision of intervention strategies working closely with the heads of faculties.
• Behaviour management and intervention working closely with the in-house multi agency team.
• Student personal tutorial process and quality assurance.
Sept 2008 – March 2011 Twickenham Academy, Richmond Director of Specialism – Sport (First Leadership Post)
• Key responsibilities were to develop the sports specialism and work collaboratively with the school sports partnership development manager in supporting primary schools and the local community in the opportunities around sport that they received.
• Leading the academy PE team and achieving improvement from underperforming to outstanding, as measured in Ofsted inspections.
• Leading on whole school CPD around outstanding learning and teaching. The whole school impact of the specialism being recognised in the Ofsted report.
Sept 2005 – July 2008 Bridgemary Community Sports College, Hampshire
Advanced Skills Teacher in Physical Education
• Delivering classes at Key Stages 3 and 4 including GCSE PE.
• Outreach work with local primary school link teachers and classroom teachers, together focussing on improving the delivery, planning and understanding of the PE curriculum.
• There was an increase of 20% in A*- C Grades during the period of my responsibility for running the GCSE course. I coached the college’s basketball teams, Year 11 football team and all athletics teams.
• Managing the performance of three individuals in the department and was seen as a role model for other practitioners in the college.
Sept 2001 – July 2005 Horndean Technology College, Hampshire
Second in Department, Physical Education
Deputy Head of Year 8
Work Related Learning Co-ordinator
HOBBIES, SKILLS AND INTERESTS
I have competed in and won many running events at club, county, regional and national level. Further to this I have completed the London Marathon twice, once for charity and have also completed the Helsinki and Brighton marathons.
I am a keen snowboarder and also enjoy golf and cricket whenever the opportunity arises.